The Facts About Lung Cancer
In honor of Lung Cancer Awareness month, we wanted to share a few prevention tips you can start practicing to help reduce your risks.
Lung cancer kills 422 people every day and it is expected that 154,050 people in the U.S. will die of lung cancer in 2018. In honor of Lung Cancer Awareness month, we wanted to share a few prevention tips you can start practicing to help reduce your risks. Not all lung cancers can be prevented but here are some helpful tips you can do.
- Stay away from tobacco
- Don’t smoke or if you are a smoker, stop smoking
- Avoid secondhand smoke
- Avoid radon by testing your home
- Avoid carcinogens at work
- Avoid or limit exposure to cancer-causing chemicals
- Avoid beta-carotene supplements.
- Limit your intake of alcohol
- Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables
- Exercise most days of the week
If it’s time for you to come in for a check up, schedule your appointment today by calling (760) 942-0118 or visit our Patient Portal.