Simple Stress Reduction Techniques
Did you know approximately 70% of adults in the US say they feel stress or anxiety daily?
Did you know approximately 70% of adults in the US say they feel stress or anxiety daily? In honor of Stress Awareness Month, we wanted to share a few stress reduction tips to ensure your best health physically and mentally! See below the things you can start doing to achieve a stress-free lifestyle.
- Exercise – It might seem contradictory, but putting physical stress on your body through exercise can relieve mental stress.
- Consider Supplements – Several supplements promote stress and anxiety reduction like omega-3 fatty acids, ashwagandha, green tea and much more!
- Light a Candle – Using essential oils or burning a scented candle may help reduce your feelings of stress and anxiety.
- Reduce Caffeine Intake – High doses can increase anxiety
- Laugh – It’s hard to feel anxious when you’re laughing and it’s good for your health!
- Learn to Say No – Take control over the parts of your life that you can change and are causing you stress.
- Avoid Procrastination – Stay on top of your priorities and stop procrastinating.
- Music – Listening to music can have a very relaxing effect on the body.
- Deep Breathing – Deep breathing exercises can help activate your parasympathetic nervous system, which controls the relaxation response.
- Friends and Family – social support from friends and family can help you get through stressful times.
If it’s time for a check-up be sure to schedule your appointment today by calling (760) 942-0118 or visit our Patient Portal.