12 Steps to a Healthy Liver
In honor or Liver Cancer Awareness Month, we want to share with you a few steps to ensure you & your liver stay in good health.
When was the last time you thought about your liver? The liver is actually a key player in your body’s digestive systems and helps clean your blood by getting rid of harmful chemicals that your body makes because everything you eat or drink passes through it. Keeping your liver in good shape is all about maintaining an overall healthy lifestyle. Therefore, in honor or Liver Cancer Awareness Month we want to share with you a few steps to ensure you and your liver stay in good health.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Exercise regularly.
- Avoid ingesting toxins like vegetable/fruit pesticides, chemical solvents, fungus, and supplements.
- Use alcohol responsibly.
- Avoid the use of illicit drugs.
- Avoid contaminated needles.
- Get medical care if you’re exposed to someone else’d blood.
- Don’t share personal hygiene items.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Follow directions on all medications.
- Get vaccinated.
If it’s time for you to come in for a check up, schedule your appointment today by calling (760) 942-0118 or visit our Patient Portal.